Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
I think the line was crossed when a poster was referred to as "the idiot." That's a direct attack upon a person, not an idea.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
You know what bothers me. I can be called queer, a pervert, a sin against society, someone who should be banished from the earth, certainly not deserving of any rights at all. I should be stoned, shunned, called the most vile and filthy names, but no one says one word, except in agreement.

Yet, when I disagree with the basher who dogs the forums with his name calling and gay bashing and call him as I see him, I am told to leave and his opinions are valued. That's certainly civil rights in action.

Jan Goldfield

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
I just checked out some of cruze4fun's posts ...

"Bunnies, the other white meat." ... In the Animal forum (where people were discussing their pet rabbits).

"People who "create their own reality" have gone by a very special name. Crazy." ... In the Spirituality forum.

This guy is a troll. I don't think he deserved any sensitivity or respect. He's not just disagreeing, he's insulting.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks, Nosy. Now there are two of us who agree that cruze4fun is much more than annoying.

Jan Goldfield

Gecko
Gecko
Make that three.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Your defensiveness astonishes me. At no time have I permitted a poster in my forum to call you a name or engage in any of the behavior you denounce. (If I missed a post, I will happily deal with it when you point it out to me.) Yet at the same time you reserve the right for yourself to bash others and then criticize me when I do not line up behind you in tacit agreement.

I don't know where you get your civil rights information from, but where I studied, the notion always was that a person is non-negotiable -- meaning that their ideas may be criticized, taken apart, and dealt with, but the moment you stoop down to attacking the person, your credibility takes a serious nose dive, since the conversation devolves into a name calling contest with her/him who has the most scathing one-liners being declared the winner.

This is not the kind of forum I want to run. Once again, I apologize to you for offending you and not being the civil rights advocate you would rally behind. Yet at the same time I will remind you that just as you cannot be all things to all people, neither can I.

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
I looked briefly for the rules of this specific board but didn't find any. So, I don't know explicitly what is or isn't acceptable behavior here, but direct personal attacks are often considered off-limits. If that's the way she wants to run this board, that's her right. She makes the rules.

Quote:
You know what bothers me. I can be called queer, a pervert, a sin against society, someone who should be banished from the earth, certainly not deserving of any rights at all. I should be stoned, shunned, called the most vile and filthy names, but no one says one word, except in agreement.

This is just nonsense. Bella is one of the queer-friendliest places I've yet found.

Quote:
That's certainly civil rights in action.

Yeah, it sucks when people are allowed to say things that [censored] you off, doesn't it?

Quote:
cruze4fun is much more than annoying.

Really? How? The man has no power over you unless you give it to him. He doesn't know you, your family, your employer or your residence. He has no influence on how you provide for yourself or loved ones, nor does he constitute a conceivable threat to them. He's just a troll. Hell, I doubt he's really a fundie, he just gets more of a reaction that way.

N
Gecko
Gecko
N
This guy came here to make trouble and succeeded. He's probably having a good laugh right now.

So some troll came here and basically said gays don't contribute to society and someone called him an idiot. I don't find it that surprising or unforgivable.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
You are certainly right, Nosy. And I had him on 'ignore'.
Evidently 'fundie' is an OK word to use, but I have been told by that faction that it is as objectionable as faggot.

Jan Goldfield

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
Quote:
I don't find it that surprising or unforgivable.

What do you mean by "unforgivable?" AFAIK, Jan hasn't been banned.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.