logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#107595 04/15/03 10:19 AM
OP Offline
Okay Rae, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I would love to do some toattoo designs for bella. What did you ahve in mind? And bear with me, when I lived in california all I had to do was draw the image out, and the tattoo artist took care of everything for me, so I am unfamiliar with the "proper" proceedure for making tattoos (probably explains why that guy felt he could take advantage of me). Anyway tell me what to do and we can make some cool things!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#107596 04/15/03 10:32 AM
Elephant
Elephant
Jessica,

You're in the middle of moving, right? Don't sweat it.

I have been working on some stuff for a cafepress site affiliated with my body art stuff here. As they have a poster option, I was considering making some sheets of flash myself and selling them that way. If you have a way of handling the sheet production, I can make a page and stick it in the Body Art Shop section along with Tattoo Design Resources. TDR is the area hit the most and I figure I might as well make up some designs and sell the sheets.

Basically, "flash" is just a sheet of designs, and I've seen them from 8.5x11 up to really large sheets. Some shops proudly draw all their own stuff, and there was one (in)famous guy on Haight St out here who drew all his flash, but the designs were all copied from other people's original work. Other shops order a bunch of stuff to fill the walls, and replace it as they go. Basically you're not supposed to put up anything you can't tattoo.

Sheets of flash are usually grouped thematically, so that the designs are larger and smaller variations of something. At one of the places I got work done, the shop owner would say "hey, we need some butterflies up there, they're all asking for butterflies...." and one of the artists would doodle up between six and eight designs and draw them very cleanly onto one sheet and hang it up. One of my tattooists said that the darker and rainier it was, the more she was asked to tattoo suns and sunflowers.

You said you've got some designs that people just go nuts over, like your fairies. How interested are you in moving some designs? I can give you feedback as to the kinds of styles people are always writing to me about.

- Rae

#107597 04/15/03 12:55 PM
OP Offline
Well, I figure if I make designs specifically for tattooing, I wont feel too bad if I find someone has made them into t shirts lol. I'm mainly interested in getting my name out there, and I figure this is just one avenue to go. I'm pretty relaxed on styles, since I can draw pretty much anything... hmmm I do have my own cafepress shop actually. But I've sold didlysquat out of it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.