CONTAINER GARDEN TIP OF THE DAY

Have you thought about propagating your own plants for your containers? Many people don’t because, well, it’s a container garden right? and all you need to do is go and buy what you like? Yes. I guess that’s fine (and I love buying new things for my pots) but once you get into gardening, you may like to spend some more time and propagate your own. Succulents and cacti are very easy to propagate, as are many other plants that remain strict favourites and which will root readily in water. It is really a satisfying and easy way of sharing plants too.

If you would like specific instructions on how to do this for a plant that is dear to you, let me know and I’ll see how I can help.

Remember this nursery rhyme …

Christmas is coming and the geese are getting fat; Please put a penny in the old man’s hat; If you haven’t got a penny, a ha’penny will do and if you haven’t got a ha’penny then God Bess You.

From your container garden and heart to another container garden a prettily packaged propagated plant could be a nice gift idea in this season of giving.

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 12/09/20 04:15 AM.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!