Hello Mary,

Catching up on this thread we know that a whole 'nother New Year has come and January nearly gone for resolutions and rules and goal-setting and bucket lists and all - but still we need to keep thinking, planning, dreaming, plotting and doing.

There is so much to say on this topic!

The journey's the thing, and many times I forget that piece of wisdom. I am so busy berating myself for not having done, then I either procrastinate and not do anything or do what I have to do in such a hurry and with such poor grace I feel cheated by me. And then?

One of my aims this year is to slow down, plan and take baby steps so that the task to hand doesn't become hateful.

One of my immediate jobs is to clean out 14 pots and containers, change, discard poor soil or condition where I can, soak pots in vinegar water before planting them up again. This takes time and effort so I have decided to do them in pairs every week on a Wednesday.

That way the job is not overwhelming, the pots get done so they can be planted up and I enjoy my pot-cleaning journey (I get into mischief and attend to other areas of the garden etc. as my attention span is wonderfully short when I want to avoid something!)

So far so good - I have done 8 so far and am on the way.

If it's to be it's up to me.

Thank you v much for this topic, it sure focuses a girl's mind

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!