One day, I saw a show on my digital streaming service I had always meant to watch, but never did. It was raining in Ohio, the garden didn’t need me, it was not a good time to exercise the dogs or walk to the library. I hit the button next to the pilot episode and began what would turn into hours of almost non-stop viewing of “Friday Night Lights”.

I say nonstop because I folded laundry and dusted the living room in between episodes, and stopped long enough to make lunch and dinner. That night, all other chores were forgotten as I had to find out if the coach would take a new job and if the suspended player would be eligible for the next big game.

I have heard that binge watching has been studied and related to depression. I don’t know exactly how I feel about that theory. I honestly treated the episodes as I would chapters in a really great book. I became involved deeply in the main plots as well as the predicaments of the secondary characters.

Next on my list - “Gilmore Girls” and “The Munsters”

What do you think about Binge Watching? Do you do it? How often? If not, why? And, do you think this is connected to your mood?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor