I started posting on this site back in 2002. I have been away for years. Tonight I was reflecting on my choices and I realized I have so much to be thankful for. 12 years ago I was married and thought I was happy until my husband changed his mind and decided the need to procreate was a must for him. I realized if I didn't speak up about my unhappiness that I was sentencing us both to a life than was "less than" what we both wanted. We divorced in 2008. Even though my life became so difficult after the divorce, I have come out stronger and more resolved than ever to continue my child free lifestyle. I am with a wonderful man who shares my views about children and we live a very fulfilling life together. I teach in an alternative high school that caters to kids that are not successful in traditional high schools for whatever reason. Some of them are homeless and living on their own and some are parents or kids faced with incredible challenges. I find that the 100 kids I work with are both a challenge and a blessing. My decision to be true to myself was the best thing I ever did. I used to question my choices, but now 12 years later at 41 years old I am thankful and happy for the life I have. Thanks for listening and I hope this provides some perspective to some ladies who might be questioning their choices.