Hey Nancy-

My girls & I have pretty tough skin. We tend to attract the nicer folk in the craziest of places.

The idea of separatism comes from a need to feel better than others. One day we will all come to realize we truly are equal and there is no need to be better. We'll be so "whole healthy" that we will want "whole health" for everyone else; equality.

We'll be fine & we greatly appreciate the warning. Having the knowledge will help us understand when/if we get one of those looks (lol).

We just got back from St. Maarten. With our 1 hour of free time on the French side of the island, my oldest daughter decided to try her linguistic skills in French. One shop owner told her that she spoke English. My daughter kept trying. The shop owner stressed, firmly, that she spoke English. My daughter firmly told her, in French, "I heard you the first time. I want to practice my French." The shop owner smiled and the rest of our visit was in broken-French.

Cultural experiences spark me. I love them. I'm present in them and tend to enjoy them and respond well to them because of that presence. I'll let you know how it goes when we complete that trip.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration