Great article, Lori!

I try to eat meals without meat a lot of the time. I still include protein sources at some point during the day. I eat eggs, peanut butter, nuts, and beans. I still do eat animal meat on occasion, such as chicken and tuna. I also eat ground beef and other meats occasionally.

I am an animal lover too but I need to eat meat protein now and then. My body tells me when it is time to have meat. Otherwise I try to stick to veggies, fruits, nuts, eggs, beans, wholegrain bread and pasta, oatmeal, and some cheese. That is the healthy stuff. At this time I won't get into the sweet treats I like to indulge in at least once a day, the macaroni and cheese, or the occasional chicken pot pie.....ha ha!

I almost hate to cut into fruit and veggies, because I do think they have a certain "life" to them, but then I think to myself that they are a gift to us to maintain our health on this earth. I find all sorts of produce to be beautiful with their various colors, textures, shapes, and sizes. Plus they taste really good! There is nothing better than fresh produce from the local farmstands in the summer.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator