Lori -

You absolutely are shouldering a great deal. You should be sure to nurture yourself and care for your own health.

Your five year goals are a great start! There are some wonderful things in there. Now to turn them into phrasing that does its very best to help you reach them.

Goals do best when they are written in a way which is SMART - specific, measureable, attainable, realistic, and time-based. We have the time-based part, we're working on the five year set. Yours all seem realistic and attainable. So now we need to make them specific and measureable.

For example, I want to have less body fat on me. So rather than say "less fat" I found a specific measurement that made sense in terms of my goals - 16% body fat.

So on #1, how many children's books do you have? Make that specific. Publish X children's books. Because you might start up some more in the meantime smile.

#2 also needs some specificity. How many would you like to have in your library in five years? Five books? Ten? Think of a number that would make you proud and is also reasonable, and put that down.

Go through your list and think of ways to quantify each one. That then helps you break down your one year list, based on these longer term goals.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum