Hello, Lyn! Thank you for letting me know the cookbook isn't available on Amazon at the moment. I made an edit a few weeks ago and thought it was back on track. It is now. If I can believe the CreateSpace website, it should appear in a product search in the next few days.

Lulu sales have been just fine. I prefer working with Lulu MUCH more than with Amazon / CreateSpace. It took over a year for CreateSpace to get the red part of my cover actually red. Got really ugly. First they insisted on making it orange and then they went to pink. They don't use Pantone colors so it's hard to get the right color and they just did not want to see red . . . until I let them know that that was EXACTLY what I was seeing, in more ways than one

And now I'm finding the book's been 'unavailable' for the last several weeks on Amazon. I also discovered today that they show no sales / royalties due in spite of the fact they send me an email every time a book sells. That makes me think there's another round of hassle with them in my near future. If you're interested in publishing, I highly recommend Lulu over Amazon / Create Space.

I've sold almost 200 copies of the cookbook but that was mostly to family and friends, which was expected, since it's a family-oriented cookbook. I did most of the sales myself, in person. I bought many copies of it and put it in local stores, sold it as a vendor at farmers' markets and arts/crafts fairs in the area, and at local community functions, including my family reunion. My co-author/cousin sells them at her horse ranch.

I haven't really made much effort to market it to a larger audience but I will do so soon. I'm building a food-based website now and will put it on the website. I'm also working up more cookbooks, too. I have a series of cookbooks in mind and have been collecting recipes for them. Time to get them in print!

Thank you so much for your interest!

Available in hardcover, paperback, or for download at Lulu / Texas to the Bone

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum