All right, this will make you smile: When I was 15 - many, many moons ago - I spent few days around New Year in Paris with my much-older brother and some of his friends. "Wonderful!" you might think, but I will have to go back one day and enjoy Paris for good this time, because believe it or not that was the most cold, wet and sad New Year of my life. The boy I liked in schoold those days would not even suspect my existence on this planet, not to talk about my crush and my heart aching for him, and there I was in Paris, the most romantic city on Earth (well, maybe after Venice) "alone" with a bunch of adults in a fancy restaurant being marry drinking champagne, while I was thinking of him having pommes frites (what we call HERE French fries) and orange juice. To top it all, I could only get glimps of the famous and beautiful decorative lights along the Champs Elysees through a wet window, while the "City of Lights" was for 4 days under one of the worst winter storms of the century, with heavy rain, winds, snow and ice, making it impossible to explore and enjoy that which was supposed to be one of the best travel experiences of my life!

Today, some times I think back and smile about that trip.

My husband said he would like to take me there next year. I answered it would be wonderful being there for my birthday. In June!

Last edited by Cinzia - Italian Food; 02/10/12 12:54 PM.

Cinzia Aversa
Italian Food Editor
www.facebook.com/ItalianFoodBellaOnline
Also author of the eBook Simple Delicious Italian Recipes.

"Never cook as a chore or duty, or your food will taste like it" C.Aversa.