Hi Jeanne, I am trying very hard not to take any "hormones" but have tried everything else. I now dress in layers so that I can take stuff off or put it on (lol). Now the nights are a challenge, but thank goodness my boyfriend is working with me on that part - we half the bed, so I can do my "take the covers off & on" without waking him up smile Oh my goodness, where have you been all this time I was COMPLAINING in this forum - thank you SO MUCH for sharing. It does help to have some folks to talk with. Please keep us posted on anything you come across - I am always open to trying something NEW.
Originally Posted By: Jeanne - African Culture
Check the ingredients on your chocolate pudding, it probably has cocoa in it instead of chocolate :-)

I'm having a whole slew of peri-menopausal symptoms:
Hot flashes/Cold flashes
lightheadedness/dizziness/nausea
Wanting to cry a lot
Irregular periods

There's more, but I would say the flashing and wanting to cry all the time are the most troubling for me.

My gyn gave me Lo Loestrin FE, a very low does birth control, to help with the irregular periods and other symptoms. His instructions were if it helps keep taking it if I want to, if it doesn't help or I feel worse stop taking it.

Well, it really didn't improve my symptoms and it did kill off my libido. So, I just took the first pack of pills and didn't start up the next one.

Some ideas from my friends for relief are:

Estraven
Vitamins made especially for menopause
Black Cohash

so I will start looking into those.

I'm really not interested in hormone replacement therapy. Fortunately, I work from home so I can put up with more symptoms than if I were working outside my home.

I have started to walk with my beginning goal of 30 mins at least 3 times a week. Immediately, I have noticed a remarkable improvement in my mood - I feel happier. Whenever I started walking before, I didn't have that result so this is interesting to me.

I also have too much weight on due to being in front of my computer all day every day. I'm sure if I can get even 20 pounds off, I'll simply feel that much better :-)