We have Little Brownie Bakers in my area, so we carry all the classics (with their classic names) and some newer ones like the Dulce de Leche and Thank U Berry Much(meh). The girls in my Troop have done REALLY well on preorders-4 girls have already surpassed their goals-and booth sales haven't even begun yet. This is the first Scouting experience for all of the girls in my Troop so we are working very hard to earn money for a fun trip. Children these days seem to have a booked Daytimer (my own child is a rare exception-we limit our commitments), so it is so encouraging to see the effort these young girls have put into cookie sales, when I know they also have piano, dance, swimming, choir, soccer, softball, cheer, gymnastics, etc. plus the huge load of schoolwork each day. I understand the derision of some of the PPs regarding "cookie pimping" and I am one of the first parents each year to suggest our PTA stop pushing the stinky candles and giftwrap and stale popcorn sales and instead hold a walkathon, or a spring carnival, or even a pet parade to raise funds for PTA. I don't want to be pressured into buying junk I don't need or want because I want to be a parent who supports the school. Plus, I think the children need to be vested in the fundraising activities if they are expected to sell, and while it isn't as if the girls bake these cookies themselves, they do have a vote on where we have our booth, they decorate it, interact with the customers, and come away with a sense of having worked to achieve a goal. With PTA sales, they bring home a flyer they haven't even looked at, and mom and dad buy stuff. The other point I will make is that these girls set their cookie sales goal based on an trip on which they voted as a Troop. We figured the cost and how much we had to sell to earn the money. Ultimately they will see the fruits of their labors and you CANNOT put a price on a lesson like that! Hard work pays off! I know that the money the PTA raises is for the betterment of the school and is very important, but the children do not see the work/payoff relationship in the same way they would if they were more involved. Sorry for the novel! *steps off soapbox* :crazy: