Hi, I am 1 month pregnant (29 years old) and my doctor asked for few tests to be done, one of them being the TSH test. I am diagnosed with thyroid and she prescribed me thyronorm 100mcg. My concerns are: 1. I was asked to take TSH test which showed 17.22. But as i read on net i understand that for thyroid there are total 3 tests. Is TSH test not sufficient? do i need to go for any other tests? I have already started with the dose (today being second day) 2. Is the high dose of thyronorm 100mcg safe during pregnancy? will it harm my baby? 4. Is the thyroid problem due to pregnancy and temporary? as again i understand what i read - in 1st trimester the thyroid hormone level decreases and in the 2nd and 3rd trimester is again normal. Is this true? 3. Will taking such a high dose later create hyperthyroidism? I as such never had any problems before or any severe symptoms of thyroid. Since the day I have diagnosed with thyroid I am not getting proper sleep and is worried a lot. I would request for an expert advice on this. Please help. Advance thanks. Please note I am in Delhi (India)

Last edited by Kalyani; 11/10/10 12:14 AM.