I agree with you Betty. I am a clinical nutrition student and a nurse of 27 years and I have helped others to cur reflux problems. Its not so hard to do. First I am going to present a new idea regarding this condition. If you have reflux you likely have a microbe problem in your stomach. Not your intestine necessarily but in your stomach. It is because of these unhealthy microbes that the parietal cells are not functioning well and not producing all the HCL that you need When you do not have enought hydrochloric acid things do not digest well and the start to putrify. They putrify because the enzymes that are nessesary to prevent this are not in the stomach but further down. IN the stomach Acid is requried to prevent putrification. Putrification causes bloating, gas and pressure of sphincter that is at the end of the esophagus, when the upward pressure is too much what little acid you do have goes up and causes pain. A little acid can cause a lot of pain. You have to get rid of the microbes first. There are several ways to do this. One is iodine theapy and the other is MMS therapy. If you do not have an ulcer stop the nexium or whatever you are using as soon as you can after you start an iodine or mms detox. Increasing the acid in your stomach will help to keep pathogens that do not belong there away. Acutally taking nexium will eventually increase your risk for ulcers as pathogens will thrive in the less acidic environment. But if you do have an ulcer keep up with the antacid until it is healed first. Some people who I have helped to heal ulcers managed to get off the nexium in about a week. Ozone water may also be very helpful to get rid of those bad pathogens that are giving you greif. I will leave it all to you to search on iodine therapy, MMS and Ozone therapy. Those are huge topics! The only other thing to look for in regard to reflux is if you have a hiatial hernia. These type of hernias which about 10 to 15% of the population have can cause reflux. Many people are born with them and they do not cause problems until you get older. The only absolute cure for this condition is surgery.

Last edited by ArrowDurfee; 05/05/10 09:03 PM.