Being a mother does involve a huge sacrifice and your life is never the same. I, too, made the fatal mistake of choosing the wrong man to marry. But I love being a mother. My kids smiles and the funny things they say give me so much happiness and make my life worth living.

It's not always easy to be a mom, but your kids are with you for only a short time. The first few years are the most challenging. Perhaps you need to ask for help, from a relative or neighbor if your husband or boyfriend won't do his part.

Time alone on a regular basis is vital to maintaining your sanity.

I know that this may sound harsh, but your kids didn't ask to be born. There is nothing worse than feeling like an unloved and unwanted mistake. And even if you don't say it out loud, your children will pick up on it.

Yes, your life will never be the same again. But we all have our challenges. Some people have cancer or some other dreaded disease, others have physical disabilities and so on.

Stop using your kids as an excuse for not living the life you want and not achieving your goals. Yes, things will be more difficult, but you've also incredibly blessed.

You may not look at it this way, but having 3 healthy, normal kids is a great blessing. Ask people who have kids with illnesses and disabilities...or whose kids have died.

Focus on what you have to be grateful for, get some help and start setting small, achievable goals that will lead you in the direction of your dreams.

God Bless and Good Luck!

Kelly Aveiro
Editor-Moms Site at Bella Online
For Moms Only Advice, Inspiration & Tips For Moms Who Want to Be The Best They Can Be.