Unfortunately I know what you are dealing with right now. 3 days ago i was supposed to be 12 weeks, and I had very light brown spotting, went to emergency and found out that my baby too had died at 8 weeks 6 days. I had no idea. I was shocked. I still had symptoms, they had been mild, i just thought I was lucky in my pregnancy. It couldn't be farther from the truth. I opted for a D and C because I didn't want to wait anymore. I was and still upset that I had been walking around for 3 weeks thinking I was pregnant and not. I needed some closure. They did tell me that it would be like a strong period with severe cramping if I chose to do it naturally. For me, I couldn't. I couldn't imagine the waiting process. Where would it happen? Would I be at home? That is what was best for me, and what you choose is best for you. Don't read about others stories and compare yourself. Do what you feel is right and don't question it. If you are at peace with it, it's right. I am truly sorry for your loss. It sucks. It seems so unfair. It's hard to listen to people tell you it will be alright. I know it will be but right now it sucks.