Hello!
I hope you don't mind me passing along a few tips that I have learned through the years from friends and family.

I love to bake. In the beginning of the week I'll make a master batch of dough up (for pizza, bread, rolls, or whatever.) I buy my yeast in bulk (it's way too $$ to buy those little packets.)
One of my favorite tips was to use an UNGLAZED pizza tile for a baking stone. Makes the best crust for pizza and breads and cost a fraction of the cost of a baking stone (make sure it's UNGLAZED tho.)
I also make most of my cheese up. We raise dairy goats so that's the reason why I started doing that really. You can also do it with store bought milk. Easy to do and it's fun.
Yogurt- we make our own again. How I save money there is that I use one of those small yogurts to make more yogurt. I can do it up to 5 times before I have to buy store bought yogurt again. Just stretches money a tad further.
Swifter- I like my swifter mop but those pads and chemicals add up. So, I take the bottle off and put it upside down in a glass of hot water (that gets the glue to come off of it.) Then I put my own cleaner inside of it (I am a big fan of vinegar and water to clean with. I make my own vinegar..lol..) The pads I just sewed a few up on my sewing machine. When I take them off I just toss them in the washer and I can reuse them again and again.
Line dry my cloths (inside out and upside down..lol.. Less fade and no pinch marks.)
The newest thing I am doing to save a little is Solar cooking- when it's hot out like it is cooking just heats up the house (also cost to run the stove.) So, My loving husband made me a solar cooker up (you can cook WHOLE chicken, meat, beans, grains, breads, and even cakes in them.)
I unplug things that aren't in use.
We have a dehumidifier that collects 77 pints of water. I have to change it 5 times a day (yes, we need either a bigger one or another one..lol) Anyway, Instead of just tossing that out I pour that into my flowers.
Eggs- Oh, I could go on about eggs..lol.. The thing I do with them that I like the most is make a powder out of them so I can easily put them on my plants (clean the shells, heat in the stove a little, then put them in a grinder.)
Ok- I am sure most of you already know those tips but just incase I still thought I would post them.

Dora Renee' Wilkerson
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!