I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Don't get me wrong I love my son and now that he is here I don't want anything to happen to him and I want nothing but the best for him. The only problem is, I don't enjoy being a mother. I never was crazy about kids or babies but I figured that I would feel differently when it was my own child. At first my husband said it was because breastfeeding was so difficult and then he attributed my unhappiness at home to the fact that I was working at a job I hated. Well my child will be one year old next week, breastfeeding did get better, and I quit my job but I still don't enjoy being a mom. Everyone assumes that as a woman that is our big accomplishment in life, that is all we live for. I gave up a promising career in the military just to have a kid and now I don't know if this is the life I want. I hear so many woman talk about how much they love being a mom and they couldn't imagine not being with them. I just can't relate. To make matters worse, I am now a fulltime SAHM so this is all I do all day long. I feel so guilty for feeling this way because my little man is such a good baby and he doesn't deserve a mother who feels this way but I don't know what to do. I tried joining a MOPS group but clearly for a woman who isn't into kids that was not the best group for me. I just feel so alone.

Last edited by Buckeyemom; 05/13/09 01:03 PM.