Ms.D,
Thank you for posting. I am glad you stopped by. Yes keeping your hair back is a good idea when working out.

Some times women tie their hair because by exercising it releases the natural oils in the hair to condition it naturally. It's like being in a sauna. Also headbands etc worn during exercising usually is meant to keep the sweat out of the eyes so they can exercise with out the burning sweat running down their faces.

I know for me I don't like the sweat and actually I keep my hair tied up all the time. It keeps the moisture in and my hair is softer and grows better. I don't get a lot of slpit ends this way either. I only take it out for special occassions. I know everyone can't do this but it's what I choose to do.

When I do take my hair out I am careful to make sure it's conditioned good to deal with the elements. Keeping your hair tied up also minimizes the dust and dirt from sticking to your hair and causing it to get dirty faster.

As Dianne has mentioned hair care and exercise was never something to be thought about. But I will consult with the experts to find about hair care and workouts.