Hello Friends,
I've brought some sticks and limbs and would like to join the circle of friends. May I hold the Talking Stick for a while?
Evening is here. Dinner over, dishes done (nearly). I'm listening to my cat snoring - he's asleep in a basket on top of the computer cabinet, my old dog is sniffing around the floor; I call it snorkling...he makes such a funny sound when he sniffs. Another old cat is sleeping on my bed behind me. I love them all so much and they're all getting old. The stray cats come to me from all over and I feed them. Some look lost and afraid; wondering whatever happened to their humans. Others are feral, but still need a bite of good food sometimes. I feed them all. Right now a little cat has come that has stolen my heart particularly. An older cat, I think. She's been declawed so I have to assume she's been spayed as well. When she first started coming around for food she was so timid and I felt a great, great sadness around her. It made me cry. I cried for her. She looked so confused. She came here about 3 or 4 months ago. I call her Yellow Kitty. Anyway, I watched her courage grow, but the sadness still surrounded her. A few days ago we had a break through. She looks at me now with trust in her eyes. Trust and love, and expectations. She considers me her human now and I'm glad. She's come into the house, but I keep her separated from my other cats. She stays on the back porch and has an appointment with the Dr next week.

I see the same behaviour in some people. Fearful trepidation accompanies a new relationship so many times. Something that I've learned over the last year is to keep my heart open and not to be afraid. Even if getting hurt is inevidable, grasping the opportunity to be someones friend, sounding board, nurturer, 'mother', 'sister', is a risk I must take. Sometimes I get hurt....most times I don't and even the hurt has a strange way of feeling okay. It's part of my growth. I have so much to learn....so much to learn....the people I've met, and lost and the experiences I've had this past year are only just the tip of the iceburg. I know I have things to do and my path is becoming clearer and clearer. I wish I could describe the joy I feel in my heart.

Whew....not sure this is what you mean by sharing stories by the campfire...I do go on sometimes. I think I'll pass the talking stick to another and listen for a while.....