Valentine's Day is coming and with it a great deal of pressure for both men and women. In fact, there is an anti-Valentine's Day movement because the holiday makes many of us feel inadequate like we don't measure up romantically according to the romantic movies we all see in our heads; we women have an amazing imagination and we love to be swept off our feet because we are constantly on our feet taking care of everyone else!
Let's breathe new life into Valentine's Day by making room to embrace ourselves. Become irresistibly lovable by knowing your gifts and then using them. You can�t be passive about who you are. You need to share your gifts. Passion in one arena translates to passion in another!

I wrote Addicted to Stress: A Woman's 7-Step Program to Reclaim Joy and Spontaneity in Life to embrace our singleness even in a marriage. Two don't really become one and our spouse is not our clone or a mind reader. Let's keep cultivating our true identity. If people say to me, "What's gotten into you?" I know that I'm on the right track.

Debbie Mandel, Stress Mgmnt EdStress Mgmnt Site Stress Mgmnt Forum