Doni,

I am so sorry. It really hurst when those people in our families, the ones we love the most - just don't get it.

It also makes us really mad. I'd be willing to bet that if you really took a long and hard look at those tears, most of them were due to frusration and anger as much as hurt and sadness.

For those of us with Depression and anxiety issues, we usually don't do so good with confrontation - which is why you didn't say anything back to your aunt. So the anger comes out as tears instead of yelling. We take the anger out on ourselves.

Please call the counselor and explain why you were unable to get out of bed. Tell her (or him) how hard it is for you to make the step to get out of your home. They might be able to find a way to come to you. Maybe not, but it is worth a try.

But know that this step is the best step you can take. It is sooooo scary, because it does mean change, but it means it for the better.

I would like to share my personal story of Depression with you that is on the website here. This may not be the path you need to take, but it will let you know that you are not alone. Hang in there.
Experiencing In-House Treatment for Depression

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor