Great site. I'm going to bookmark that one but it doesn't seem to have what I need to help me (or I missed it)

Continue to work in stockinette st on 32 sts of instep until 30 rows have been completed, ending with a P row. SI these 32 sts onto a holder. SI 16 sts of each side of heel onto one dp needle so that outer edges of stocking are joined at center of heel. HEEL: With right side facing you, join Color C and work in stockinette st on 32 sts for 13 rows, ending with a K row. TURN HEEL: P 18, P 2 tog, P 1, turn; sM, K 5, si 1, K 1, psso, K 1, turn; si 1, P 6, P 2 tog, P 1, turn; si 1, K 7, si 1, K 1, psso, K 1, turn; si 1, P 8, P 2 tog, P 1, turn. Continue in this manner to work

I am at the point where it says Heel and to join with color C. Since its a differnet color to knit in how do I join this new color. What is the correct way to join or change a color. Do you just pick up a new color and start to knit.

I am making this stocking but not adding the image or the name. The image is too dorky for my taste. Maybe I'll embellish or add something in when complete.

Last edited by rdywenur; 01/14/09 03:31 AM.