I'm not sure if this technically fits into the category of alternative medicine or not. However, my regular doctor keeps wanting me to take ibuprofen (I have tendonosis, as well as some other issues) -- and my research said that you do NOT want to take anti-inflammatories for that. I've been in physical therapy for a couple months (started after a fall caused some acute problems on top of my chronic ones that I had not been treating) -- and things were going slowly. So, after an MRI, the doc said nothing there showed a connection to my shoulder problems, and again urged me to use ibuprofen and encouraged me to get a steroid shot. I'm against the former unless needed and warranted, and loathe to go for the shot unless truly warranted. I talked to my pt, and he agreed with me on both points.

But after doing some research (before my pt appointment), trying to figure out why I have so much shoulder and neck tightness, and shoulder pain, I think I figured out what may be part of the problem -- TMJ. The pt agrees with me, and, we also think that my hip has been a factor. Who knew a hip could affect the shoulder? (Well, apparently, my pt did!) I feel more optimistic than I have in a while, like we have really started to pin down the root problem, and will be able to deal with it in a non-invasive and non-medicating manner.

Anyone else have positive (or negative, I suppose) PT experiences?