Greetings Campfire 'Sitters',

A Warm Welcome to you, Nicola! Very nice to have a friend from 'over the pond' join us.

I would much prefer coming across a snake than a spider. But, after reading your excellent tale, Phyllis, I shall look at them in a bit different manner.....if I have to look at them at all!
However, I do not consider myself having 'arachnophobia'.
(you were very close, Phyllis! *hehe*).

I thank you for your kind words, le mita cola. In what way can I inspire you further? How can I help you? It would please me much to see you complete a Medicine Wheel. It need not be too involved.

A bit about mine to show you how simplistic it is: Last summer there was work done on our septic tank, which left many rocks/stones exposed or just under the surface. I collected many 'batches' of these, soaked them in a bleach/soap solution, did a little scrubbing and then dried them.

Originally, I wanted to purchase semi-precious stones in the colors I needed, but soon found out that that was going to be a bit pricey. Plan "b" was the rocks! *giggles*

Non of the rocks were bigger than 2 1/2" in length and those were my four Sacred Directions. Green (center), black, red, white and yellow. I happened to have a little green box turtle figurine that I used for the center. Next is the seven stones in the inner circle, representing the colors of the rainbow. And finally, are the twelve month stones. The 'spokes' of the wheel are the smallest and they are natural. I used markers to "paint" the rocks. Nearly all have a flat surface and that is what I painted.

I have a round concrete table w/three benches under a large Oak tree in my yard. In the center of the table is where I placed the Medicine Wheel. Very simple and 'natural'. After I read a few prayers from my booket, this is where I read my Bible. That is something that I have never done. When I am out there.....
a feeling of Peace comes over me. And I feel the Great Spirit's Smile and His Blessings.

Phyllis, I lost your 'private' email addy in my last crash.
If you would please send it to - ****************** - I would like to send you a photo of an elaborate and lovely wheel that someone from Canada put in his yard. Puts my little endeavor to shame *grin*, but the Great Spirit, I am sure, does not grant him anymore than he grants me!

May you walk in the Light till our paths cross again.
Wakan Tanan Kici Un,
kimi kaya

P.S. I will be happy to post the Code of Ethics at another time. I am into the second day of a cold/flu, and need to rest now.

Last edited by Phyllis, NatAmEd; 06/02/08 05:25 PM.