Just my 2 cents worth but No I do not think video games or music cause violence. I am not an expert about this, and yes my son has a PS3 and he does play several army like/zombie games and he uses a blue tooth but he also knows if I ever hear him even start to utter what I consider a bad word or he yells, it's over. I don't want to blame all Parents but I have said this before and I will say it again, if you are a Parent you are "in charge" of your children. For example I live in a rural area, we do have a family that buys vehicles, quads, etc. for their 14 year old (yes that is not a mistake he is 14 and they let him drive) these very same people (don't want to use the word parent because honestly they don't qualify) will complain constantly about how kids these days do illegal things and have no respect.....I have to keep away from these people because my jaw drops down to the ground like where in the world does their son learn his behavior???? They let him drive illegally, he tears up a vehicle they buy him another, he tears up a Quad (he is on #3) they replace it with another one. This kid is VERY violent, this past winter he got stuck in the snow right outside our gate and we got a ringside seat, my husband and I told him to NOT come back down our street (yes it was that bad)he did call us every name in the book. Again I am not an expert but I am thinking alot of the violence may be a little related to "no patience", kids are really very use to getting what they want when they want it, if that doesn't happen they naturally do what they have done most of their life to get it...throw a fit. My son has to work to get his "things".