Testing starts tomorrow for LAUSD and my special ed kid is taking the test this year. The IEP is always in June so last year there was a disagreement about what he would take and I wanted the CAPA and they wanted the next level for gen ed students. I quickly wrote a letter in the office and got a copy of it and excused my son from taking the test.

My HFA kid is in California Virtual Academy and we went to a center where the testing took place to two days about two weeks ago. He is in sixth grade so it was two days, but other grades it was 3 or 4 days.

Next year will be the CA fitness test again so I think we will have to go somewhere for practice sessions, etc. I should ask on the CAVA yahoo group about that to prepare for next year.

My spec ed son is in an autism class and in fifth grade and they did the fitness testing already. Those results took a long time to get for my older son.

To practice for the testing with CAVA the kids use a website calledBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site