Thank you both for replying. I'm glad to know that there are people here on BellaOnline boards willing to be civil and thoughtful if any debates/discussions are brought up.

I understand what you're saying, CrochetQueen. After reading several threads, I think there are both pro-choice and pro-life readers who would rather close their eyes and see the people on the other side of the debate go away. That's not very fair or open-minded, and it's not my personal stance on dealing with people w/conflicting opinions- here on the boards or in my personal/professional life.

Luckily, I do believe the majority of readers here are intelligent and are truly seeking education, not a fight. That's why I originally posted the "Welcome, civil people" sentiments with a few ground rules for those who are bent on causing problems.

Realistically, I doubt we're all going to sit down for tea anytime soon and come around to a universal verdict on the abortion matter. That said, we are certainly not enemies and this isn't a war zone...

Climbing down from the soapbox now....

Rebecca Orczeck
prolife@bellaonline.com

"My purpose in this forum is to protect the rights of the unborn and their mothers, and to educate the public on the dangers of abortion."