Hi lindagal,
Welcome to the Stomach Issues forum!

First I would like to commend your SIL for realizing the problem with her bra. Most women have bra issues, but never recognize it. When I saw the Oprah Show on finding the perfect bra, the "experts" said that you measure the girth of your ribcage and make that your bra "size" then calculate your cup size from there. (Something about the girth of your ribcage/breasts and the difference between the first measurement with each 2 inches being a cup size.) Well, my rib cage measures 31 inches, but a bra that size would crack my ribs! I actually wear a 36 and have bra extenders on each bra. The next time I purchase a new bra it will be a 38.

Bottom line, if your bra is "snug" it's too tight. You should easily be able to slide your hand underneath it.

I do have a new favorite bra (I call it the Perfect Bra!) but I don't know whether or not they make it in a padded style. It would be worth it to check it out. Please see my article(s)on the causes of acid reflux for more info on my Perfect Bra and the bra/acid reflux connection.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!