Being a full time RVer for nearly 8 years now I have a bazillion best adventures but all in the US.

Gazing at the amazing Armstrong stained glass window in the afternoon light (the Tiffany window was great, too) at Jekyll Island's Faith Chapel - where the sign said "NO PHOTOS ALLOWED" and the guide - when asked about it - said I don't see a guide in here, do you? I treasure that photograph!!

Hiking to an abandoned hot spring and resort in the isolated and breathtaking Big Bend National Park, easing in and letting my hand drift in the icy cold, fast flowing Rio Grande.

Witnessing the amazing explosion of wildflowers in Death Valley a few years ago when they had a record showing. I don�t know why I was so surprised, but when I open the car door the fragrance simply enveloped me.

Exploring Carlsbad Cavern in NM - what another world it is down there! Each evening hundreds of thousands of bats emerge from the cave always flying out in the same circular direction then off in the sky to feed until daylight. This process can take several hours. BTW - there is a noticable odor as the bats swoosh out of the mouth of the cave, hmph!

Viewing the Agawa pictographs at Canada's Lake Superior Provincial Park - where you had to shimmy against a large rock wall on the edge of the lake using a chain rope to get along with waves crashing at your feet, splashing your shins.

Just being at Wapatuki National Monument - outside of Flagstaff, AZ. A whole community of ancient anasazi ruins that are all unique - and really spread out. More magnificen that I expected.

Crossing the field - the actual field - where the Battle of Gettysburg took place - an eerie, introspective and now beautifully silent experience.

Gosh, I could go on and on...

But Lisa, like you I don't care to be too isolated. Maybe it's today�s news - or rather too much bad news - so I know what you mean. My cuz loves to camp in the middle of nowhere where she's not likely to see a living soul for days...not me sister.

Evanne

Evanne - RV Editor
RV Site

Enjoy my online cooking class on wheels...it's delicious!!
RV Cooking Show