Before being anxious to meet people, I highly recommend doing some self-analyzation to figure out what makes you happy and getting some hobbies/activities you can call your own.

This can be a real process. But only in figuring out yourself first can you be truly open to meeting other people.

What do you like that you've never tried? What activities did you used to like that you haven't done in awhile?

Once you've made a short list of "you," start the adventure of finding kindred spirits. It was only after I realized I hadn't been scuba diving in three years when I made it a point to meet other divers so I could dive and travel -- two of my passions I'd been neglecting! I found a local dive shop, signed up for a trip, went to their advertised happy hour, and met a bunch of people with whom I now regularly socialize. I might add that the very night I reached out to that group at a happy hour, I met the man I've been dating for 10 months. I almost didn't go because the drive was hell, and I would have been more comfortable just going home to veg. Thank God I didn't!

Just at the gym today, where I went to go practice my racquetball shots, I met three people with whom I could socialize if I got their numbers/e-mail addresses.

Find yourself first, then don't be afraid to put feelers out. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. So go for it! What do you have to lose?

Last edited by Angela P; 01/15/08 02:42 AM.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus