DreamyMystique,
Your thanks is humbly accepted. It was MY pleasure and priviledge to be part of your special day.

Kimikaya.....your story makes me cry. The wolves are coming back! So are the bear....we live in Southwestern Ohio and the black bear are here! They haven't been here in many, many years. Maybe they know we need their help. Bear Spirit is my helper. Has been with me since I was a small....really small child.
Coyote is coming back, too. There are lots of them....and bobcats! There here, again!

Another pow wow weekend! Good strong positive energy. A couple renewed their marriage vows in the Sacred Circle. There were just 2 drums, but each drum did a set of three songs in a row. I like that system. Gives the other drum a good break.

On Friday afternoon my David and I were on our way home from taking our Cocker to the 'big house'....the kennel. A hawk had been hit by a car and was lying dead on the road. We turned back so I could pick her up. She was a young bird. Her body was badly broken; I offered tobacco and sprinkled some on her and we took her home. When we got home, I placed her in a plastic bag on a bed of sage and laid sprigs of cedar on top of her before closing the bag. She had to be placed in the freezer until we can take her to a young man who will do the right thing with her. (he's one of those young people who is an Elder....I don't know how to explain it; I reckon most of you know what I mean). He will know how to honor her in the right way. David will take her to him this Friday. I cried and cried. The birds of prey are just beginning to come back...hawks have been here for a good while, but the eagles returned only 3 - 4 years ago.

Next pow wow is in Bellfontaine, Ohio in 2 weeks. It's the second Shawnee pow wow for the year. They host 2 each year. A really good one, folks. Worth a weekend road trip!

'nuff words for now.....need to try and find the physical energy to unload the car and put things away. We drummed and sang for 10 hours Saturday and 8 hours Sunday.....5 hour trip home. I'm a tired old woman. Robert Frost's 'Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening' comes to mind...."And miles to go before I sleep; and miles to go before I sleep....."

I pass the Talking Stick onto the next.....
Peace be with each of you throughout the day.
Conni