If I were asked in a survey if I support a woman's choice to make decisions about her own body, I'd answer with a resounding YES! Although I may not agree, I do not wish to curtail any woman wanting to tattoo every centimeter of her body or to pierce every inch. She should be able to magically have breasts the size of basketballs or to have a nose even smaller than Michael Jackson's!

However, a woman cannot impregnate herself. This is basic stuff that almost every pro-abortionist forgets. When an egg and sperm join together, a new life is created. It's very true that the new life usually cannot survive on its own for just a little while, but it is a scientific fact that an egg and sperm join together to form a new life. A woman is now carrying a new life that was created by herself and a man. What she now does to her body directly affects the life of her unborn child and indirectly, the child's father.

It's also true that a woman "has to" (it's often referred to as some kind of a prison sentence) carry the new life for a few months until the life is mature enough to survive on its own. But does the owner of the temporary home have the right to kill its occupants?

Imagine a house where the father says, "You know, it's just too damned crowded in here. We do not need an extra kid." So, he takes his household tools and dismembers the child. (I must apologize for this horrible graphic, but there's a point to be made) The child is dead. The father could have taken the child to Child Services and said that he could no longer take care of the child. But, instead he exercised his "choice" to end the child's life.

I cannot for a moment ignore that, in the United States, a woman can complete control over her unborn child's life and can dismember or poison him while he's still quite small. And it's legal!

But, why are we horrified when we hear nauseous stories about parents torturing and killing their born children, yet we champion the "choice" of women to do it to their unborn children?

It's been said that a society should be judged on how it treats it most vulnerable members.

So yes, I'm pro-"choice." But it depends entirely on what that choice is and whose lives it involves.