Saturday night I was online looking for sites about Midlife Crisis. I came onto a site that had the exact things he had been saying. I pm'ed him the link. I expected once he realized what it was he wouldn't read it but he did. He told me that sounded alot like him. He asked me how long this feeling lasts. I told him I didn't know. I assumed it is different with each person.

Sunday I gave him a card that had an olive on front and inside it had "Olive you". I wrote on the inside that I justed wanted him to know I am here for him. Sunday night we talked a little more. He told me most of the time he feels mad at me even though I haven't done anything. He said he knows it sounds stupid but he doesn't know what to do. Luckily he isn't taking it out on me when he feels that way. I mean that he isn't yelling at me, etc. He also told me he feels like withdrawing. He said it is worse when he wakes up. He doesn't want anybody to touch hime. He gets this feeling he has to get out of the house so he leaves. He said it gets better as the day goes on and by night he doesn't have a withdraw feeling. He thinks it's because everybody is going to bed and no disagreements with the kids or me is going to happen.

He has brought up again about needing a break. I have told him that I love him but if he feels he needs to take a break I understood. He kinda kept on about the subject so I asked him when did he plan on leaving. I didn't really want to ask it but I hate being in the dark. He told me has went to look at a few places but when it came down to paying the depostit he would back out. He said he just doesn't know what to do.

He thinks depression is just for people that are sad. Is constantly feeling anger/mad a sign of depression too?

Today he surprised me and gave me a hug. I'm not sure what is going to happen but at least he is starting to open up a little bit more. I still feel like I am walking on egg shells though.

Leigh