Quote:
She's my muse

It's funny you said that cuz she actually inspired the rock band MUSE, I don't if you listen to rock sometimes but I do. She also inspired Jeff Buckley and truly, I listened to Jeff Buckley first and then discovered Nina Simone. I only own two CD's, The Essential and Ne me quittes pas Album. I've found her official website and took a look at the tremendous number of lives shows she performed and its impossible to find them all. I have two versions of " The other woman" and she doesn't sing them the same way. I guess it's just like Jeff Buckley who never sang a song the same way twice in his live shows. Before I used to think of Jeff when I heard her sing but now it's the opposite. I hear Dr. Nina Simone in Jeff's voice.
She was really a wonderful artist. No matter how old her songs may seem...sometimes I wonder about the lyrics how it hard to set them up in time now like in "I don't want him" she says:
Then I'd break the ice-box where the food is kept...do people still remember the ice-boxes?
But her songs are more like musical Poetry. I was listening to The Essential just yesterday...I like to hear her voice before I fall asleep.

Am I the only one?