Hubby and I and my nephew Ryan and his fiance' and my sister and her husband all went riding today. We left at 10 a.m. this morning and made it back home at 8:30 p.m. We went about 400 miles and boy is my a$$ tired!

We started out on a 4 lane freeway and came upon a very large male box turtle crossing the road. I was amazed that he had made it across two lanes, the median, and another lane. I carried him safely to the edge of the road and over the hill to flat ground. That makes turtle rescue #19 for me this year.

Then we headed onto the backroads and saw two flocks of turkey, two great blue herons, and a very white heron roosting in a tree. I've not seen one that white before. I wanted to stop and take a picture, but the bikes just kept moving on. We also saw many deer, a large groundhog, buzzards, a large gaggle of geese flying in V-formation, and two ducks crossed the road in front of us and stopped traffic in the town of Weston. It was a little commical. We also saw countless domestic animals such as cows, horses, sheep, and goats. I saw too many dogs on big heavy chains tied down in the big bare spots they've worn in their yards after months or years of neglect. Sad.

We said good-bye to Ryan and his fiance' before we went our separate ways this evening. They are heading down to Atlanta for a while to be with his mother (my sister) and then they're off to Cozumel (sp?) for the winter to work in the climbing business. I told them they need to stay there a few years so we can visit them there in a year or two. They were originally going to Korea to teach English, but that didn't pan out. But he said he's going back to Alaska in the spring.

Mmmmmmmmmmm....Baps