Hi, I am knew to this site. I am tired of talking to friends/family about my situation, and need a fresh perspective. I am 27 years old and have been with my boyfriend/fiance (whatever the heck he is) for over 10 years. We are inseperable. We have a wonderful life together, we travel, both love school, have loved moving all over the country for new adventures, and it is like we are completely one-like we are married. BUT...he has a marriage "issue". He is absolutely terrified of marriage. He comes from a really broken home-a few bad stepdads, alcoholic mother, etc. I can't blame him for being scared-I am too sometimes, but this issue is causing SEVERE problems in our relationship. I am becoming very bitter towards him about this. We will be needing to move again for him to attend law school, and I don't know if I am up for it this time. I really need to have the "security" of marriage this time. He keeps saying "IT (that being marriage and a ring) is coming really soon, it is going to happen really soon." But he has been saying this for a long time now. I have always been supportive of what he wants to do, and have never held him back, and like I said-we are inseparable-we spend all our time together, have lived together for over 6 years now, things are wonderful-except for this issue, which is becoming a bigger and bigger problem (for me). I just keep holding on though, thinking he will come around sooner or later. Am I crazy for thinking this? What are the odds that "IT" will happen? and if he is just not the marrying type-am I wrong to stay with him forever in a commited relationship-just not with the paper?
PLEASE HELP! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! This "issue" is really starting to weigh heavy on my heart and soul...
~H eek