Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
kangtuo, asinmylife, izzy87, fanaledrinks112, sophaylavender
56995 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56996 Members
417 Forums
112507 Topics
795265 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 726
Beetlemess 689
Karm - SW USA Editor 283
Nancy Roussy 185
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 161
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 128
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 126
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Linu 104
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 101
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#726648 - 11/20/11 01:16 AM Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think?
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal: Syracuse Police Investigate As Basketball Coach Placed On Leave

Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal

If any good can come out of the Penn State scandal, it seems to me that college-staff pedophiles are more likely to get caught. Not only will people be less likely to be part of a cover up, but people will report anything suspicious, even when they aren't sure there is abuse.

What do you think?

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Twitter Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Facebook Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to MySpace Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Del.icio.us Digg Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Yahoo My Web Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Google Bookmarks Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Stumbleupon Add Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Reddit
#726901 - 11/21/11 02:23 PM Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

I think that people will be more aware of how important it is to report issues like this, which is a good thing. It's sad that anybody ever thought it was fine to sweep issues like this under the rug.

Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Twitter Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Facebook Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to MySpace Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Reddit
#726917 - 11/21/11 05:06 PM Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Amy - Romance Movies Offline
Jellyfish

Loc: Pennsylvania
Knowing way too many survivors of childhood molestation, as well as some innocent people caught up in false accusations - I never jump to conclusions. I just pray for everyone involved that the truth comes out.

I think victims will be more likely to come forward when they realize that the shame they feel isn't their shame. The perpetrator deserves to carry that shame.

I also think parents will not be as trusting, and organizations will cover their risk of liability - all leading to less children being in vulnerable situations in the first place.

Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Twitter Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Facebook Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to MySpace Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? to Reddit
#726953 - 11/21/11 08:31 PM Re: Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal-What do you think? [Re: Amy - Romance Movies]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Yes, I absolutely agree. We do need the trials for all of the information to come out. We can't be sure of anything until then. And yes, there have been lots of cases of false allegations of people over the years.

And yes, parents and other need to be less trusting and check into things more. (I have to say it's made me paranoid. I'm even afraid to send my child to summer camp anymore - something I loved as a child).

And yes, I agree with Lisa that we need to not let people think it is socially acceptable to sweep things under the rug.

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Your Assets and Liabilities
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
2 minutes 20 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
4 minutes 35 seconds ago
What did you pay for gas today?
Home Finance
5 minutes 16 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
5 minutes 25 seconds ago
Pet Care Costs
Home Finance
6 minutes 6 seconds ago
Love this site
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Movie Mistakes
23 minutes 23 seconds ago
Dressed to Kill
Horror Movies
31 minutes 40 seconds ago
Working on Book Covers
Fiction Writing
50 minutes 55 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:17 PM
Character Naming
Fiction Writing
Today at 01:12 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Sandra Investing/HFinance, 1 invisible), 111 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.