Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
marger, simplicityshines, Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy
57406 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57406 Members
417 Forums
113459 Topics
805553 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 511
Beetlemess 233
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 147
Jana - Creativity Editor 133
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 79
Nancy Roussy 75
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Sandra Investing/HFinance 44
Mona - Astronomy 40
Dianne W - Editor 22
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#724301 - 11/08/11 03:29 PM Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts?
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Penn State's campus has been rocked by the current scandal. What are your thoughts? Do you think that Penn State is handling it well in light of the circumstances? Should they have canceled the press conference today?

Do you think anyone else should step down? The president? Joe Paterno?

Abuse allegations detailed in Penn State scandal

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Twitter Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Facebook Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to MySpace Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Del.icio.us Digg Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Yahoo My Web Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Google Bookmarks Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Stumbleupon Add Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Reddit
#724603 - 11/09/11 05:24 PM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Penn State Icon Joe Paterno is set to retire at the end of the season. What are your thoughts?

Penn State coach Joe Paterno to retire

Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Twitter Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Facebook Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to MySpace Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Reddit
#724659 - 11/09/11 10:34 PM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Breaking News

Paterno and Spanier are out immediately. What are your thoughts?

Joe Paterno, Graham Spanier out

Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Twitter Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Facebook Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to MySpace Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? to Reddit
#724740 - 11/10/11 09:18 AM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Penn State Students Clash With Police in Unrest After Announcement

Penn State student unrest

#724830 - 11/10/11 05:33 PM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Interesting information about the psychology behind the student unrest. What do you think?

Why Penn State Students Rioted

#724838 - 11/10/11 06:53 PM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
anna*AHHA* Offline
Gecko

Loc: earth
Absolutely and positively horrific. I can't imagine what would drive a person to stoop to such a low level.

#724839 - 11/10/11 06:55 PM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Sandy / Cocktails Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Texas, USA

I think there is absolutely no place on Planet Earth for a pedophile and that anyone who chooses to look the other way is as guilty as the pervert. These people are not qualified to be working with children, even children of college age. Adios, losers!

#725122 - 11/12/11 05:46 AM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Susan-Colleges]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

When I was first looking to restart my degree I was looking between Penn State and Northeastern. I'm glad I went with Northeastern. I think this is going to leave a taint on Penn State for a while.

I agree that the thought that people "looked away" or let it slide is very disturbing.

#725785 - 11/15/11 11:02 PM Re: Penn State Scandal -- What are your thoughts? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Susan-Colleges Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

I think you are right about it tainting the school. While I still love the school for many reasons, I don't know if I will ever feel the same about it again. It is still so hard for me to believe.

I am an alumni volunteer for the PSU admissions department. I was surprised to learn that the number of applications are up this week. I thought this would bring the number down. It might be that the students who had already made their decision to apply before the scandal are still applying because they've made up their minds. I wonder, however, if this scandal will bring down the number of people who apply later on in the future. It may be that students who are still deciding where to apply will be less likely to choose PSU.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
6 seconds ago
Fall Fun Word Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Investing
Today at 10:46 AM
Thanksgiving Money Reflections
Investing
Today at 10:45 AM
Alternative Shopping on Black Friday
Home Finance
Today at 10:44 AM
Thanksgiving - What would you eat in space?
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 09:25 AM
Blue And The Throat Chakra
by Teresa - Holistic Health
Holistic Health
Today at 08:51 AM
North Carolina Wines
by Peter - Wine
Wine
Today at 08:48 AM
A feast Jesus would love
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Today at 08:22 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:51 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Inspiration
Today at 07:48 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mona - Astronomy), 124 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.