Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Francoise07, KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh
57340 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804678 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 888
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 322
Dorcy 64
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 58
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 45
Linu 39
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#568727 - 12/03/09 12:38 AM Make Them Laugh article plus new poll
Caitlin - Comedy Movies Offline
Jellyfish

Newest article! Make Them Laugh

On a side note, who's your favorite female comedian from the article?
Favorite female comedian from article?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 12/03/09 12:38 AM
View the results of this poll.

Edited by Caitlin - Comedy Movies (01/17/10 07:56 PM)

Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Twitter Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Facebook Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to MySpace Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Del.icio.us Digg Make Them Laugh article plus new poll Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Yahoo My Web Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Google Bookmarks Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Stumbleupon Add Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Reddit
#568728 - 12/03/09 12:40 AM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Caitlin - Comedy Movies]
Jellyfish

Gilda Radner who the reasons stated in the article. I saw clips of her sketches on The First Twenty Years of SNL show and fell in love with comedy that day.

Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Twitter Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Facebook Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to MySpace Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Stumbleupon Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Reddit
#568772 - 12/03/09 10:20 AM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Caitlin - Comedy Movies]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Ohio
This is a tough choice. However, I have to go with Carol Burnett because she is so good at everything she does. She had a wonderful run for 11 years on her on comedy-variety show. She was a hit on broadway in "Once Upon a Mattress". She has been great in films like "Annie", "Friendly Fire" and most recently "Horton Hears a Who". She has appeared on many other tv shows over the years, including on "The Lucy Show". All these ladies are great comedians, but Carol Burnett is a unique gem among gems.

Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Twitter Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Facebook Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to MySpace Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Stumbleupon Add Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll to Reddit
#568777 - 12/03/09 10:48 AM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Craig58]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

This was a very tough choice, each of these women were not only funny conveying a character but most even created the characters!
Most of them were also multi-talented in many other areas: stage plays, acting(not funny), singing, authors and such.

it was a great list and those on your list are the best of the best.

Tina Fey is our Gilda of today. And perhaps to join the list, two more most likely should be added: Julia Louis Dryfess(spelling)and next Ellen Degeneres, thoughts?

Mary Caliendo

#568793 - 12/03/09 12:09 PM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: mary-tea1]
Lynne - ChristianLiving Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf

Loc: Indiana
I had to pick Carol Burnett. She is funny even when she is just being herself and no one else could play her characters the way she did.

Lynne Waite Chapman

Christian Living @ BellaOnline
Women of the Bible E-Book and the Names of God E-Book

Updo, Hair Color, Ageless Women E-Books and Hair Information

Follow us on Facebook -- Facebook.com/Bible.Living

#568865 - 12/03/09 05:48 PM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Lynne - ChristianLiving]
ChelleT&L Offline
Chimpanzee

Loc: Lake Lanier, Georgia
Yep, Carol Burnette - though I loved Lucille Ball as well.

But the Carol Burnette show still cracks me up every time I see it - I don't care what episode it is. Although Tim Conway was the real ringer on that show! laugh

#568968 - 12/04/09 09:16 AM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: ChelleT&L]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Yes, we all watched The Carol Burnett Show to see if Tim Conway would crack up Harvey Korman and get him laughing. I wish there were DVDs of the Carol Burnett Show, but some of the great comedy sketches are on Youtube.

The Dentist - Carol Burnett Show
Carol Burnett as Capt. Kirk on Star Trek
The Zaniness of Tim Conway

Edited by Craig58 (12/04/09 09:22 AM)

#569071 - 12/04/09 12:59 PM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Craig58]
Karen - Drama Movies Offline
Shark

Loc: Californian in Maine
Lucille Ball lead the way for TV comedienne greatness, but Carol Burnett has a finesse that is unrivaled. Several Burnett show skits have become have become family classics for me and my now grown children, like the dentist Novocain Skit (how many times has that been copied...) and the "To Open" Skit. Anyone remember "To open..."?

Great topic Caitlin! Keep those flames hoppin'!

Recent Article
The Last Mimzy Review

"Punjab, buy out the 8:00 showing. Let's all go to the movies."
[Daddy Warbucks, Annie (1982)]

#569586 - 12/07/09 11:04 PM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Karen - Drama Movies]
Jellyfish

Everyone seems to love Carol.

I should have included Julia-Louis Dreyfus. Shes is brilliant on Seinfeld

#569688 - 12/08/09 04:29 PM Re: Make Them Laugh article plus new poll [Re: Caitlin - Comedy Movies]
Craig58 Offline
Parakeet

Sorry I am not impressed by Julia-Louis Dreyfus, but then I never cared for the Seinfeld show either.

Women I think are very funny are:
Carol Burnett, Lucille Ball, Vivian Vance, Imogene Coca,
Gilda Radner, Jane Curtain, Lily Tomlin, Whoopie Goldberg,
Phyliss Diller, Goldie Hawn, Madeline Kahn, Doris Day, Minnie Pearl, Eve Arden, Martha Raye just to name a few

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Rick - Funny Flicks 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 08:03 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 06:05 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 06:04 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 03:48 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
Today at 03:29 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 03:23 PM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 01:54 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
Today at 12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 12:43 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 07:25 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1 Guest and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.