logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
If you are interested in taking a look at the actual Health Care Reform Bill (HR3200) for yourself instead of relying on others to interpret it for you, you may find this Bill at

Open Government.org

This Bill is more than 1,000 pages long, but because of how significantly this Bill could impact our nation, it is worth it to take the time to understand it for ourselves. The legal terminology is difficult to understand, but the more you read it, take your own notes and then compare it to the information that is out there, you will be able to at least make your own determination.

We need knowledge,facts and truth on this issue -- and it's not going to be forthcoming from either side of the political debate. Time we search out the matter for ourselves.

Susan R. Blaske Williams
Senior Issues
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Shark
Shark
C
y husband and I just got turned down for a SNAP Food credit increase ( He's diabetic and we live on SSI). Which would you prefer: An extra $100 for dietic food, or $180,000 a month for Hospital costs if or when John has a Diabetic blackout or slips into a Coma? You already pay for his SSI and VA, so you decide. If Obama wants to prevent complications associated with diabeties, obesity, heart disease and other ailments, wouldn't it make sense to issue specified food vouchers/ Dietic foods/Care boxes to VA clinics,Food pantries and other institutions that address the needs of Low income Americans? Why is it that Government Commodities ( often delivered to Non Profit Organizations) are extremely high in Sodium and Carbs?
Worst of all, not one version of the Healthcare proposals include tax deductions or incentives to encourage responsible, healthy lifestyles: Therefore, Costs will skyrocket, seniors won't be any better off at all.

Cindy L Merrill
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Susan, could you give us a little more instruction on finding the link to the bill on that website.

So we have to join before we can access it?
thanks

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I typed in my search HR3200 and found a lot of sites that discuss the bill but, cannot find the actual bill to read the entire thing.

Here are some links:

HR676

Open Congress

Key Questions

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Here is the link to the text of the bill:

HR3200 Text

You can register free to track or comment on this bill. It takes several minutes to download and the screen action is very sloooooowwwwwww.

Also, I could not get to the actual text, just the sub-titles, etc. - I could not find the text unless it is waaay down several 100 pages.

Susan, is there a site where we can actually see and read the text?

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/12/09 09:20 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Ok, I am getting it! I clicked on your original link, Susan. One just has to keep scrolling down and read all paragraphs. I guess I was being too impatient.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 09/12/09 09:25 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
C
Shark
Shark
C
As far as any health bill, most of the seniors I've talked to, including my husband, wonder why Congress can't clean up Medicare and Medicaid FIRST before even considering expanding the programs. We also want clear, hard,rules laid down to make sure no social worker abuses their position of power, again. You should just read some of the horror stories about Dept. of Human services! Is it any wonder that trust in our government is as low as it is? Another one time $250 for those who live on SSI won't restore confidence- in fact, its too little too late.

Cindy L Merrill

Moderated by  Pam - Senior Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.