Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
In honor of both International Women's Day on March 8th, and this week's 50th anniversary of the Tibetan uprising against Chinese occupation, my article this week is on Tibetan Women's Uprising Day, including info on the Tibetan Women's Association and the Tibetan Nuns Project.

In honor of the anniversary this week, I would love to hear from anyone that is familiar with these organizations, or any other organization related to the Tibetan cause. Or, feel free to post any other comments or resources related to the Tibet situation in general.

And for those of you that have never seen the movie Kundun, this is an excellent movie available for rental that depicts this difficult time in Tibetan history and the Dalai Lama's historic escape.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That's in my queue, I am watching some movies tonight while I work to get through them, so I can get Kundun to be sent to me! I use Netflix.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Hi there - while we are on the subject of Tibet-related movies have you heard of the Women of Tibet project? It's three (well, two, so far) documentary films about the experiences of Tibetan women. I've seen the 2nd one - called "A Quiet Revolution" about the stretch between parents who lived an agrarian life (until forced into exile) and belonging to a generation forced out into the modern world. There's something about the Tibetan character, because the strength and wisdom of the women in the film is amazing. One of the older women interviewed in this film spent 17 years in a concentration camp - of the 300 women in this prison/work camp - only 4 survived. The younger women - as both the film and this book discuss - live a life without a passport - trying to pass on a heritage they've only experienced in exile. The other film in the series is "The Great Mother" and is about the life of the Dalai Lama's mother. They both have a lot of interviews with the Dalai Lama in them.

Last edited by Genetica; 03/24/09 06:38 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow that sounds fantastic, I will definitely look for that. Thanks for letting us know about it!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.