Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Manisha Pal, Rain_2014, EmmaIsherwood, fit4fashion, ashjoielee
57314 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57314 Members
417 Forums
113290 Topics
803819 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 604
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 383
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 277
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 80
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 57
Nancy Roussy 51
Mona - Astronomy 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 48
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#494848 - 02/18/09 07:58 AM Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Hello everyone, thanks so much for your wonderful messages that I've received from you, offering your kind thoughts and prayers for those Aussies that have lost everything in the worst bushfires in Austalian history.

I'm going to open the forum for suggestions of how we can help these people. I must say that many, many quilt groups are busy making and providing quilts for those in need, and I think that area will be well looked after.

I thought we might as a group of caring quilters from all over the world, may be able to contribute not only to quilters but everyone who has been affected.

My suggestion is to make a "Sewing Repair Kit" comprising a small pouch (I'll provide the pattern free on the Bellaonline site) containing things like needles, thread, buttons, pins, safety pins, tape measures, elastic, velcro and any thing else we can think of that people will need in a a little sewing repair kit. This item will not be too big, and probably be within the means of all our Bellaonline quilters to post to Australia. I'll provide a GPO address for you to use.

What do you think? If you have a suggestion please, please put it here, so we can all discuss it and come up with the best idea.

Thank you in anticipation of your great ideas,
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Twitter Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Facebook Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to MySpace Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Del.icio.us Digg Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Yahoo My Web Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Google Bookmarks Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Stumbleupon Add Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Reddit
#494867 - 02/18/09 09:39 AM Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Olivier111 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Judie, I think that is a lovely idea. I've been racking my brain and I thought that that some little personal things like glass cases, make-up bags, wash bags, table mats, tv remote armchair bags, would be nice too. I make little childens tote bags with fun designs on, I think they would like them and to know that they are not forgotten either.

Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Twitter Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Facebook Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to MySpace Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Stumbleupon Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Reddit
#494911 - 02/18/09 02:49 PM Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims [Re: Olivier111]
Lucy Calamari Offline

I know what is like to have everything lost. My 2 daughters lost everything in Katrina. Each had a prized hand sewn quilt from my mother, which was lost due to all the mold. It cannot be replaced since my Mother has passed away. There are countless things, they missed clean clothes, personal care items, bed linens, etc. We are still catching up. I would remind everyone to not forget even years later, because these people are still trying to get back into homes with no money to do so. good luck to everyone.

Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Twitter Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Facebook Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to MySpace Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Stumbleupon Add Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims to Reddit
#495035 - 02/18/09 08:24 PM Re: Bellaonline Quilters help bushfire victims [Re: Lucy Calamari]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Loc: West-Central Minnesota
Yes, Judie, I do think the smaller items are a better idea for us to tackle. Olivier111 certainly has put lots of thought into it. I hope that the recovery has already begin. As Lucy said, that takes years and sometimes (as in the case of Katrina) may never happen. There are things that can not be replaced, but we can do what we can to replace other things.

My thoughts are with all who are dealing with disaster.

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
I Am Back Online
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
2 seconds ago
Annie Edson Taylor
by Vance Today in History Ed
Today in History
25 minutes 5 seconds ago
Simple Ways to Get Fit
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Living Simply
26 minutes 15 seconds ago
Reasons for Living
by Rayna - Depression Editor
Depression
29 minutes 27 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
31 minutes 45 seconds ago
Boston Bruins afghan pattern to crochet
by Sadhana ~ Indian Food
Crochet
Today at 09:14 AM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Sandwiches
Today at 07:38 AM
Nurture Can Improve Cortical Thickness in ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 07:37 AM
First Letter-Last Letter
Attention Deficit Disorder
Today at 07:36 AM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 07:34 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Rayna - Depression Editor, Mona - Astronomy), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.