Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Kel C, astrovalley, cory455, marger, simplicityshines
57419 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57419 Members
417 Forums
113484 Topics
805690 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 358
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 123
Nancy Roussy 105
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 96
Beetlemess 90
Jana - Creativity Editor 85
Mona - Astronomy 47
Susan - Meditation Editor 42
Sandra Investing/HFinance 31
Dianne W - Editor 21
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#475789 - 12/15/08 06:37 PM Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community
Jason - Vegetarian/PC Offline
Shark

Okay Guys...

It's been a little time coming, but I'm extremely excited about this one!

I'm burning my curried lentils right now, but I have to write you and give you the reason why.

WE'RE CREATING THE "SUCCESS 2009 - NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION COMMUNITY"!!!

Here's the premise and focus of this group:

OBJECTIVES:
  • Build a community of folks desiring to help folks achieve their resolutions
    Members state & establish their 2009 resolution[s]
    Collectively map out strategies for us to accomplish our goals
    Resource and source the tools and support
    Chart the processes and progress of the members [min. weekly posts]
    Provide encouragement to one another and insight

If you have anything to add... pass it in my direction and I'll see if it's a fit. If it is we'll include it. wink

What do ya think?

SUCCESS 2009 - NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION COMMUNITY
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 12/15/08 06:36 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Personal Chef Marketing Channel
Personal Chef Website

Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Twitter Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Facebook Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to MySpace Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Del.icio.us Digg Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Yahoo My Web Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Google Bookmarks Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Stumbleupon Add Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Reddit
#475795 - 12/15/08 07:08 PM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
Robin - Fragrance Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
My 2009 resolution is to be a complete vegetarian by the end of 2009.

Strategies:
I am starting now by collecting recipes and trying them out. The library is a great resource for books. They are free and if I REALLY like them, I know I can buy them somewhere.

Phasing meat (fowl, beef, pork) out of my life by the end of December (yeah, at Christmastime)so that I can go full force (I hope) on Jan 1st.

Also, I have let my Doctor know of my plan. No naysaying there - so it is a go!

Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Twitter Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Facebook Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to MySpace Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Stumbleupon Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Reddit
#475799 - 12/15/08 07:46 PM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: Robin - Fragrance Editor]
flutterby378 Offline
Gecko

I love the idea of becoming a vegetarian and have attempted to change my lifestyle twice. It's a bit more difficult for me because 1. I am an avid cook (I wanted to be a chef) and 2. I'm married to a carnivore. In fact, I wrote an essay about our attempt to live green and become vegetarians. If you want to read it, it is here:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Twitter Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Facebook Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to MySpace Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Stumbleupon Add Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community to Reddit
#476884 - 12/19/08 10:30 AM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: flutterby378]
Shark

Personal Chef Website

#479400 - 12/27/08 11:55 AM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
Robin - Sitcom Editor Offline
Jellyfish

Getting ready for the change. I have been cutting out meat slowly in December so that it won't be that big of a shock to my system and I can be successful.

This month, I have been going out with friends to exchange gifts and have been noticing items on the menu that are vegetarian.

Cracker Barrel has a lot of veggie or fruit side dishes....which I am thankful to know.

#479648 - 12/28/08 06:25 PM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: Robin - Sitcom Editor]
Shark

That's great info Robin.

I think it's important for folks to know some of their alternatives while eating out.

I'm real excited about this year's topics and resolutions!
Personal Chef Website

#480162 - 12/30/08 06:47 PM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
zor Offline

I was looking for something like this. What's the next step?

#480594 - 01/01/09 09:56 AM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: zor]
Robin - Fragrance Editor Offline
Parakeet

My first veggie breakfast consisted of:
2 scrambled eggs with:
1 cup or so of Boca crumbles
1/2 small diced onion
1 cup decaf coffee (yep- caffeine has got to go, too)

Good for the diabetes (although there was sugar in the coffee) and a veggie breakfast. Hearty - so it will last a while.

Now - I sit down to more meal planning and will be going grocery shopping in a few..........

Today IS the first day of the rest of my life.

#480608 - 01/01/09 11:08 AM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: Robin - Fragrance Editor]
rdywenur Offline
Gecko

Go to Bush's beans dot com and look for the Butter bean soup recipe. Excellent soup for vegetarians. I follow the recipe but add in green beans, diced tomatoes. If kids like it you know its got to be good and so easy to make.

#482668 - 01/06/09 10:48 PM Re: Success 2009 - New Year's Resolution Community [Re: zor]
Shark

Hey Zor!

Nice to have you involved!

Okay... I don't know if you've had an opportunity to read the resolutions articles... if you haven't, go and read now resolutions pt.1 and resolutions pt.2 and then start getting your materials:

• Journal or your MindMap
  • Go through the questions in pts 1 and 2

Then post what your resolution is, how it relates to your bigger picture and what things you're setting in place to accomplish it.

That will be your starting point. Then you'll check in here as often as will be helpful to you and others. I would say at least once per week where you do a recap somewhat like Robin's or whatever works for your process.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and more so your seeing your resolution unfold before your eyes.
Personal Chef Website

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Balance, Darkness, and CMT
by Jori-ND Editor
Neuromuscular Diseases
Today at 07:49 AM
Waxing, anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 06:38 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 05:47 PM
What Did You Write Today?
Fiction Writing
Yesterday at 05:06 PM
your nail care process
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 04:17 PM
Bath Salts Anyone?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 04:11 PM
The Wrong Girl Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
Low Carb Thanksgiving
Low Carb
Yesterday at 12:57 PM
To Tan or Not To Tan
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 12:30 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 12:24 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.