Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#469518 11/19/08 12:59 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
By the clocks on the vehicle dashboards, it's about midnight. The pink sky remains the same, with a slightly brighter portion of the sky directly overhead.

Mike, in his pickup truck, leads the way back to the coastal road. Turning north, he sets a moderate pace.

After about a mile of driving, the drivers and those passengers looking out see a huge flying creature just off the coast, over the ocean. Their minds pick up a jumbled sense of wings jointed in all the wrong ways, and too many eyes, before the creature flies out of sight toward the south.

[Sanity check for John & Derek]

Mike continues driving, perhaps a bit faster than before. Another mile goes by. Abruptly John and Derek see the pickup pitch off the road onto a lower level of ground, as the road seems to end abruptly.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek slams the breaks and curses under.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Mike's pickup truck bounces a bit as hit hits. The two cars behind him manage to stop before hitting the edge of the road. Mike gets out of the truck, examining it for damage. He finally climbs back onto the road, and comes to the cars.

"Looks like the axle's shot," he says. "Not that it matters much, I guess, since I don't think we're going to get out this way."

He gestures toward the pickup, and by extension the land beyond it. The road ends abruptly, as if it were sliced off. Not just the road, though, the entire countryside seems as if it has been sliced away, and replaced with an alien landscape. The bushes seem oddly wrong beyond the drop off, and in the distance strange animals can be seen moving in odd ways.

Gecko
Gecko
Ray bites her lower lip, hands pressed into the seat either side of her legs. "Larry...what's going on..."

(( I would imagine her oppressive feeling is getting worse at this point? ))

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
[Actually, her feeling is about the same as before, perhaps a bit less. Distance does seem to have improved it just a bit]

Larry rolls down the window and cranes his head out to see. Then he pulls his head back in and shakes his head.

"Damifino, Ray," he admits. "Looks like the road and everything else just ends, being replaced by somewhere else."

In the other car, with Derek, Clarissa looks up from her notes at the sudden stop. "That's the same way it was down south, where I cracked up my car." That said she goes back to her notes.

J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John gets out of the car looks out at the land pass the road and just stares at it. "I don't think we are on earth anymore..., what the hell is going on here?"

Gecko
Gecko
Ray frowns and leans her head on Larry's shoulder. "I just want to go home. Everyone can keep their tips tonight. Maybe I'm just dreaming...a really, really bad dream..." Her eyes water a little and she's clearly upset. She softly murmurs, "...then again, if I were dreaming, it wouldn't be this horrific..."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Amoeba
Amoeba
Derek shuts off the engine and gets out to look around. "F***. Well, at this point either we go on foot, or go back."

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
J
JRH Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
John kicks the tire of his car clearly frustrated. "Son of a first the light then that guy gets eaten by a squid thing. Then some alien looking bird flew by. Why us why?!"

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Mike shakes his head.

"I wish I knew. No wonder the Feds came down so hard on this town back in the thirties, if this is the sort of thing they were into."

In the back of John's car, Larry puts an arm around Ray, trying to comfort her, despite his not feeling very good about the situation either.

Clarissa stumbles distractedly out of the car, carrying a map, and looks around at everyone in general, a bit annoyed.

"Whose car is this?" she asks. "This map I found in the pile of papers in the back shows all the houses in old Abramton. Is one of you trying to steal my research?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.