Ok, everyone, it's time to start assembling our Thanksgiving table from last week�s 48 Hour Thanksgiving Menu game!
Before we get started, a HUGE thank you to everyone that participated!!
I'm starting off with some side items, based on the ingredients all of us listed.
If there is an additional ingredient or spice that could be used for one of the recipes, but that's not included on this thread, I'll put it in a side note at end of each recipe. Feel free to do the same. Side Dish # 1: Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Rosemary roasted potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes during the holidays and year round. A sack of baby red potatoes and some fresh rosemary are all you need.
� Roast Potatoes (One bag of baby red potatoes is what I usually use)
� 2-4 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes and cut into quarters. Sprinkle
generously with fresh rosemary.
3. Cover and cook in the oven for thirty to forty minutes, or until potatoes are soft.Side Note: A tablespoon or two of olive oil mixed in with the potatoes and rosemary is also delicious. Side Dish # 2: Savory Stuffing Recipe
� Day old bread crumbs
� 1 large onion, chopped
� 2 stalks of celery, chopped
� 2 cups Chicken Broth
� 2 Tablespoons of Butter
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt butter in pan.
3. Add chopped celery and onions and cook over medium low
4. Place cooked celery and onions in a large bowl.
5. Bring two cups of chicken broth to a boil.
6. Place day old bread crumbs in the bowl with the celery and onion.
7. After broth boils, add it to the stuffing mixture. Mix well.
8. Bake for thirty minutes (covered for twenty minutes, and then uncover for the last ten minutes).
This recipe can be made several days ahead up to step seven, and then simple baked on Thanksgiving Day.Side Note: Other variations include adding browned turkey sausage and mushrooms after cooking the celery and onions.
That�s two recipes out of many more to come this week!
Join in anytime, and let us know what tasty dishes you�d create from some or all of the ingredients listed on this thread.