Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Learning how to communicate with someone we love after they've passed isn't as intimidating as it may seem.

All it takes is patience, a little time for healing, reflective time for hearing and there you'll have an open line for communication.

If you've had an experience with a message from someone who has crossed over, we'd love to hear about it.

Here is the latest article.

"Messages From the Other Side"

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 11/14/08 01:31 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I found out quite by accident, you can also request communication from the other side for someone else. My husband's Father passed when he was 49 and my husband was only 9. My husband always assumed he would follow his Father with an early death. We were insured to the teeth and he made no plans for retirement. It's an understatement to say this was a bit hard on me. I'm a night owl and would stay up to watch John Edward, Crossing Over. Each time I watched the show and everytime I dusted the one photo we have, I would ask my husband's Father to have a "chat" with his son.

It took almost a year, and I guess my Father-in-Law on the other side got a bit perturbed at hearing someone with a distinct Southern accent yelling at him.

My husband was visited in a dream and his outlook completely changed. We still have insurance, but are reducing it, as all the children are grown. We have retirement monies and are enjoying being empty-nesters with many years ahead together. By the way, he'll be 50 in May and we've agreed he can be a "dirty ol' man" at age 72. I originally agreed on 65, but decided to push it back a bit.

Communication can truly be a life changing and affirming event.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I love working with people who want to communicate with friends and family that have crossed over. It's just like you say too and alot of it is trial and error.

I'd say the only thing that can be really frustrating is where one form of communication is so accurate and other's may not be. I have very little insight on why that is. I can have dreams, sounds or just periods where there are coincedences, one after another acting as clues or leading me somewhere and other's where I get one word or nothing at all.

When my grandmother passed, I was younger. No one told us she passed and I heard an audible voice gently calling my name. She told me to tell "Ronnie" she would miss him and to tell him that they will meet again. Grandma never used that name around us.

I couldn't sleep after that. It was around 3:30 or 4:00. I sat in bed for about an hour and went downstairs to tell my dad before he went off to work. I always feel she's around too. The wild thing is, I was always intimidated by here when I was a child, yet she visited me when she passed.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 11/14/08 04:30 AM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Elleise, I too have been disappointed with communications, or lack thereof. I lost a friend to cancer over 2 years ago, and she visited others immediately. I have to admit to a bit of jealousy. However, I knew she was fine, so a visit to me was not necessary. It did come and was so endearing, and appreciated.

My mentor, boss and partner from Charleston passed in April this year. I hadn't seen her in several years and was not able to attend the funeral, as we had out of town guests coming for the pow-wow that weekend. I asked (more like stated to) my husband, "Where would she want me to be this weekend?" His immediately response, "at the Pow-wow," which I already knew. Feeling guilty, I needed that validation. I was hoping for a visit.

Instead, I had a very disturbing dream. I was in an area filled with spirit people and was calling her name loudly, repeatedly. There was no response, just blackness. I shared the dream with my husband. He didn't have a clue, but I think I now know. We were quite close and knew each other well. She simply wasn't there. She's off exploring, and pardon this pun, having the time of her (next) life. No reason to stop by, as I know she's alright.

I think timing has a lot to do with it. One must be open to receive the communication. With my husband, it either took a while for me to get through to his Father, or it took longer for my husband to be ready for the visit. I think this applies equally to direct communication with a loved one, or the use of someone else to ask and receive the message.

It's hard to be patient for a visit, but equally hard when they come too frequently and/or too early. We all need time to adjust to the physical loss, faith that our loved ones are just fine, and patience for that confirmation.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Good points icp, timing has a lot to do with communication. I look at it kind of like the sense we have when we organize running errands as well as individual needs.

Say everyday I could go to Walmart (like they can visit us), there is always that possibility, but there are days when my mind is elsewhere and I don't remember to or days when I know I want to, but there are better days than others to do it. Maybe it works the same way. I also feel they have our best interests at heart and after adjusting themselves, they peek in on us and see how we're doing. I think sometimes they recognize we need more time to heal to get our personal agendas in order and may not visit until we are stronger.

I also feel that the longer time passes the more emerged they are in the spirit world and further away from the Earth plane.

I'm also positive time transcends in meaning when you cross over too. I remember having a NDE when I was ill as a child. I remember, distinctly, the oddness of there not being an up, down, left or right when I got there. Directions had no meaning. It was sheer thought. There was absolutely no sense of time, no noon and you're hungry or evening and you're sleepy. So, with that in mind, if you are crossing over and adjust as you stay over, my feeling is that direction and time converts into feelings more like urgency, love, meaning and aligning them with the people they love and need to align with most, even if it is or was a relationship of conflict.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 11/14/08 08:55 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Elliese,

I tend to be one of those people that the other side finds by accident, I think. I certainly have never tried to speak to the other side, but somehow they know I am able to hear them, or I have been in the right place at the right time. I've had two waking experiences and I've had whole conversations in my dreams with my deceased paternal Grandmother and my mother's brother, who I was very close to between the age of 18 and 22, he passed away about six weeks after my youngest daughter was born 12 years ago. Prior to filing my divorce paper's both of them where in my dreams for almost 10 months, once I filed the papers, the dreams stopped.

I've had two "waking" discussions and they freaked me out a bit because the energy was incredibly strong, both were sudden deaths.

A friend of mine whose brother committed suicide drove past me one day, I got hit with her brother's energy which was incredible. He talked to me for almost an hour, I had to write down everything he wanted me to say to my friend as he was hanging around his sister but she could not hear him. All he really wanted to let her know was that he was extremely happy now. This conversation was incredibly clear, he would not go away until I wrote it all down and put it in an envelope. My friend is open, and we did talk about her brother, she had come to terms with his suicide. I never gave her the letter, the time never seemed right, but I did share some of what he told me during that conversation with her and she wasn't surprised.

The next time I was visited was on the morning of another friends' husbands funeral, he too died suddenly after a car accident. The morning of the funeral I got hit with his energy, it was strong and the conversation again was very clear, he told me what he wanted his wife to know. I shared this with her months later she always felt that her husband was with her, she always knew when he was around, though she could not hear him, she could sense him. We only shared this once with one another.

I can only say that both energies were different in how they felt to me, one was a bit hyper the other one was just insistant, mature, but insistent, the other one was almost child like, frenetic. I will never forget watching my friend drive past me, thinking "there goes so and so" and then two seconds later getting knocked over by her bother's spirit, that was the first time something like that ever happened to me. Same thing with my friends husband, I was getting ready to go to the funeral mass and I got hit with her husbands energy big time.

I don't think I would be surprised if I someone from the other side wanted to speak to me, I would just like to know how to keep the eneryg at bay or how to not allow it to knock me over.

Anna

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I too have had dreams of my husband who passed a few years ago, but lately, it seems to be a contiunous dream of the same thing.

I dream that we will be together, then all of the sudden, hes gone and Im' still looking for him.

what does that mean? Is that a message. The dream doesnt feel real like visitation dreams, but its getting lately to be the same dream over and over but in different locations? Am I traveling with him in my sleep?

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Originally Posted By: lcp012586
Elleise, I too have been disappointed with communications, or lack thereof. I lost a friend to cancer over 2 years ago, and she visited others immediately. I have to admit to a bit of jealousy. However, I knew she was fine, so a visit to me was not necessary. It did come and was so endearing, and appreciated.

My mentor, boss and partner from Charleston passed in April this year. I hadn't seen her in several years and was not able to attend the funeral, as we had out of town guests coming for the pow-wow that weekend. I asked (more like stated to) my husband, "Where would she want me to be this weekend?" His immediately response, "at the Pow-wow," which I already knew. Feeling guilty, I needed that validation. I was hoping for a visit.

Instead, I had a very disturbing dream. I was in an area filled with spirit people and was calling her name loudly, repeatedly. There was no response, just blackness. I shared the dream with my husband. He didn't have a clue, but I think I now know. We were quite close and knew each other well. She simply wasn't there. She's off exploring, and pardon this pun, having the time of her (next) life. No reason to stop by, as I know she's alright.

I think timing has a lot to do with it. One must be open to receive the communication. With my husband, it either took a while for me to get through to his Father, or it took longer for my husband to be ready for the visit. I think this applies equally to direct communication with a loved one, or the use of someone else to ask and receive the message.

It's hard to be patient for a visit, but equally hard when they come too frequently and/or too early. We all need time to adjust to the physical loss, faith that our loved ones are just fine, and patience for that confirmation.

This reminded me of a post Julie Anne made in regards to looking for her husband who has passed.

It's sooooo true too that there is a difference between visitation dreams and just the psychological aspects of stress that works it's way through healing during the dream stage, which when you think about it is ALL emotion. You're pretty much feeling the entire time or oblivious and litterally just resting.

In your case Julie, this particular dream, I would say it has more to do with missing your husband or having unanswered questions that are expressing themselves symbolically. You mentioned this has not felt like a visitation dream, so I take it you've had those?

If you are having the same dream over and over, I can tell you there is something you are needing or wanting to do that hasn't been done quite yet. It could even be expressing anger about being or feeling left by the person who crossed over. Anger especially can be hard to express because we resist anger in respect of feeling it is negative and don't want to display negativety when we are mourning the loss of someone we love.

There is a reason we have the saying, "angry love" or "hard love" and to be honest, I don't know anyone who has felt love that hasn't experienced some of the more painful aspects of it. Grieving would fit into some of the more painful levels of love.

In regards to wondering wether or not you travel in your sleep, absolutely! I've had dreams where I actually end up in places I'm unfamiliar with or feel lost. Those dreams have sound - a vibration, to them. You may be searching a plane where your husband isn't, kind of like getting lost in a big city.

I'll have to go back and think about it. I have so many thoughts on this topic. Anyone else?

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Last edited by Eleise - Clairvoyance; 11/19/08 12:28 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I have a question. Hope someone can help me with this one.

After the death of my husband in 2005, I had a dream of his brother whom I've never met and committed suicide two weeks before I had a dream of my husband. He was holding my hand and smiling. Honestly, I wasnt even thinking about him. Like i said, I've never met him.

What do you suppose that could me? Maybe his brother came to bring comfort to me? His brother and husband were close in some way.

Hope someone can explain this one.

Thank you,

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi there,

It could be the brother presented himself through the openness/channels you had due to the passing of your husband and vice versa or possibly the brother wanted to make amends with his choice in taking his own life by helping to bring back something in love. It could also be just a dream.

How did the person in your dream tell you it was your your husband's brother? Did he say anything or bare a resemblance in a picture?

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.