Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst, KAMI, Betty6123
57305 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57306 Members
417 Forums
113276 Topics
803670 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 578
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 261
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 59
Nancy Roussy 54
Dorcy 54
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#465981 - 11/05/08 07:12 PM Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon?
TheWhip Offline

I'm not exactly sure what these two sites are, but i've heard that you can submit stories from your site to these sites and it will help bring in traffic to your site.

Does anybody have any experience with these two sites? I'm curious about them..

My goal is to cleanse my life of impurities!

Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Twitter Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Facebook Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to MySpace Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Stumbleupon Add Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Reddit
#466034 - 11/05/08 10:31 PM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: TheWhip]
joanj Offline
Koala

Loc: Texas
I added StumbleUpon to my tool bar and occasionally stumble different sites. My friend and I stumbled each other's websites too and I do get traffic from that.

Haven't used Digg but I did add that and StumbleUpon icons to my blog. If you put the icon there, people can easily stumble you.

Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Twitter Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Facebook Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to MySpace Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Reddit
#466039 - 11/05/08 10:40 PM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: joanj]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I use them both and will write about them here for you all, in detail. I will let you know when the articles are live and post the links here. smile

In the meantime, be very careful about submitting your own stuff to StumbleUpon. If you do it too much, you will find they stop sending you traffic. It's much better if you can get your readers to stumble for you.

Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Twitter Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Facebook Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to MySpace Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? to Reddit
#466040 - 11/05/08 10:42 PM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

One good proactive thing for everyone to do is to add the Stumble toolbar, as Joan mentioned, and experiment with using it. It's a very fun discovery tool.

#466131 - 11/06/08 10:20 AM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: Jilly]
Jason - Vegetarian/PC Offline
Shark

I've got them both. Got them a while ago prepping for when I would need them.
Personal Chef Marketing Channel
Personal Chef Website

#470957 - 11/24/08 03:54 PM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: Jilly]
interval Offline

Originally Posted By: Jilly
I use them both and will write about them here for you all, in detail. I will let you know when the articles are live and post the links here. smile

Are the articles alive?

#471047 - 11/24/08 11:37 PM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: interval]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Not yet, but if you have any specific questions, ask them here and I will answer!

First off, did you install the Stumble Toolbar? Do that first (just search on stumbleupon toolbar). Then come back here and I will help with the next steps.

Stumble is much more simple to use than Digg, so we can take that first. smile

#471558 - 11/27/08 06:06 AM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: Jilly]
Bonnie, Autism Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I like Mixx, and their button is really cute. I have it on both my blogs -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

AUTISM site

#471911 - 11/29/08 12:21 AM Re: Do you use Digg or StumbleUpon? [Re: Bonnie, Autism Editor]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Bonnie, you don't have to do any review on Stumbleupon, not at all. You of course can, but that is totally optional. smile

Moderator:  Vi - Blogs/Small Office 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
1 second ago
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
48 minutes 21 seconds ago
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
49 minutes 43 seconds ago
Replace one word (Music Titles)
Comedy Movies
50 minutes 17 seconds ago
Music ABC game
Pop Music
52 minutes 13 seconds ago
It's Halloween Time
Horror Movies
Today at 04:08 PM
I went NUTS last week!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:14 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 01:05 PM
Weight Milestone Signs
Low Carb
Today at 01:04 PM
What do you Have for Breakfast?
Low Carb
Today at 01:02 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Jana - Creativity Editor), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.