Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
hijklm823703, clairelacey30, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica, tmelton
56560 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56561 Members
417 Forums
111428 Topics
785924 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 253
Nancy Roussy 169
loongdragon 148
Rosie 66 138
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Lestie4containergardens 53
Mona - Astronomy 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#465715 - 11/04/08 09:42 PM Limericks to kick off the "silly season"
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Well, the �silly season� is upon us, with only 7 more weeks to Christmas! Aghhh I hear you scream. Yes, it�s creeping up on us very quickly. So I�ve been thinking, it�s about time the forum joined the silly season and I�m going to kick it off with this weeks �silly season activity�. I know quilters are the worlds very best problem solvers so I�m giving you a challenge. I'm inviting you to write a limerick about yourself. It doesn�t need to be too exposing or overly honest, just a bit of fun between us. Below, is my contribution, with two limericks I wrote during the week. I�ve already fessed up previously, to being a quiltaholic who can�t go a day without a needle in hand, so these limericks reflect that.

For those of you that are not sure what a limerick is here is a basic explanation for you: A limerick is a five-line poem. The rhyme pattern has lines 1, 2 and 5 rhyming or the last words sounding the same, and lines 3 and 4 rhyming or last words sounding the same.
So... here goes:

There was a quiltmaker called Judie
Who tended to get a bit moody
If she wasn�t able to stitch
Her body would shiver and twitch
And she�d end up being a bit loopy

(Judie, moody and loopy rhyme, well... sort of)
(stitch and twitch rhyme, pretty well I think!)

There was a quilter who lived in Australia
Who needed to quilt each day, without failure
With needle and thread
And a quilt in her head
She became a compulsive quilt maker!

So it�s over to you now, have a go and have some fun.

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Twitter Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Facebook Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to MySpace Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Del.icio.us Digg Limericks to kick off the "silly season" Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Yahoo My Web Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Google Bookmarks Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Stumbleupon Add Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Reddit
#465790 - 11/05/08 04:19 AM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Peanut13 Offline

Here is my "silly season" limerick.

I began as a quilting newbie
With fabric as red as a ruby
Now my friends they all say
I can quilt in a day
Like my favorite quilter, Judie.

Sherry in NC

Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Twitter Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Facebook Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to MySpace Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Stumbleupon Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Reddit
#465817 - 11/05/08 05:41 AM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: Peanut13]
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

That's a beauty Sherry, well done you clever thing!!

Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Twitter Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Facebook Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to MySpace Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Stumbleupon Add Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" to Reddit
#465948 - 11/05/08 05:15 PM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Loc: West-Central Minnesota
smirk This pretty much says it all:

There once was a granny named Soni.
As a crafter she is full of baloney.
She has tried every one;
But is master of none.
She only truly excels in matrimony!

#465951 - 11/05/08 05:26 PM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: GrannyH]
Donna Rae Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Greenville, SC
OMG, you all are doing great. I will have to put on my thinking cap while at the doctors today. Hmmm. (-:

#465991 - 11/05/08 07:57 PM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: Donna Rae]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Donna Rae, is this visit to your doctor still a 'side-effect' of the flu shot? I got my shot a week ago and, although not sick, I wish I felt better. I wish you well.

#466078 - 11/06/08 01:27 AM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: GrannyH]
Donna Rae Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Greenville, SC
Hi Granny and thanks for the thoughts. No, the doc. appointment was for something else but I still am not up to par. Hope you feel better too. I think I am going to go to the doc. about this. Been too long now!

#466350 - 11/07/08 02:11 AM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: Donna Rae]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

I will try to be sillier this time, but I still can't say much about my quilting.

There once was a quilter called Granny,
Who kept her fabric in every nook and cranny.
While looking through her stash
One cupboard came down in a crash,
And Granny landed on her well-padded fanny.

#466374 - 11/07/08 04:53 AM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: GrannyH]
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Thank God for well padded fannies eh?
cheerio

#466410 - 11/07/08 01:03 PM Re: Limericks to kick off the "silly season" [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
lynnie661 Offline

There once was a sister called Lyn
quilting and sewing just weren't her thing
she had three sisters smart
all doing their part
but not she, hers went in the bin!

Hi all.... I'm new, but I'm not new to Judie! (waves hello)

Thought I'd pop in and see what's keeping her so busy and WOW, how clever is she!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Family Traditions Highlighted This Easter Season
by Ruthe AfricanAmericanEd
African-American Culture
How do i make my skin soft,clear and fair?
by Jessica Lee
Cosmetics
09:25 AM
Weight Gain and Menopause
by Dr. Denise- Gynecology
Gynecology
08:59 AM
Fashion
by A Style Life
Beauty Basics
05:16 AM
How to buy quality Silver rings?
by A Style Life
Fashion Jewelry
05:14 AM
Detaching from the Drama
by firefly
New Age
04:38 AM
People Having a Hard Time Sleeping?
by Prik
Dreams
03:17 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
02:41 AM
How to Roll a Ball of Yarn
by John Alexander
Knitting
01:38 AM
Knitting Mitten Instructions
by John Alexander
Knitting
01:35 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Izeigo, Connie - ADD/Sandwiches, loongdragon), 61 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.